.

.
photo cred:Amanda V Photography

Friday, March 1, 2013

Week in pictures!

Here's a little recap of our week!!!

We started the week with a little snow!  It wasn't much, but it was nice to see...reminds me of New England, except almost better because we didn't have to shovel it!


I have been trying to challenge myself to bake/make stuff to accommodate my dad's low carb meal plan.  I made almond meal pizza dough which was oh so good! and also almond meal flatbread that my dad used as a hamburger bun when they came over on Monday night for dinner with my grandparents.  He has also been enjoying the flatbreads as a toast substitue...only 2 carbs a piece and the crust below is only 1.5 carbs per slice based on 8 slices.  





I can't bring myself to pay $12 a pound for almond meal and ran out of my supply from Sprouts (I miss Sprouts) so I bought a 1 lb. bag of blanched almonds and broke out the trusty food processor.  It worked pretty good!  That's what I used in the pizza dough. 


Here is my grandparents at our house before they left.  They got the chance to come out to us and see Rotan and our house and enjoy venison bacon burgers with us.  I am so grateful that my girls are getting the chance to enjoy getting to know my grandfather and grandmother!  


Speaking of my grandparents coming over, I made this treat...Homemade angel food cake layered with Lemon Curd Mousse...it was quite delicious!


MK and I decided to do 4 crazy buns for ballet on Thursday...she is growing up so fast!!!


...and while she was at ballet, I had a coffee date with this little miss!


If you think of us tomorrow, please pray for us as we attend the Adoption Conference here in Abilene.  We are excited to see where God is going to lead in all of this!  If you want to read more about us pursuing adoption, you can read the previous post by clicking HERE
Enjoy your weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment