.

.
photo cred:Amanda V Photography

Friday, May 31, 2013

Recital



A couple of weeks ago we had our girls' recital.  We did ballet with Ballet Abilene and we have loved our experience there!  This was our first big recital experience!  The recital was at the Historic Paramount Theater in Abilene.  It is a gorgeous venue!  Dress rehersal was Friday night and we planned ahead to stay in Abilene that night with my parents since we figured it would be a late night. This was the first time I have done stage makeup for my girls.  It is a lot of makeup!!! But they looked gorgeous!




We had to get to the rehersal at 4 for Bria but she didn't practice until 645!!!  Her group was towards the end of the first half.  She fell asleep in my arms at one point for about 30-45 minutes!  It probably helped her get through it all!  When she woke up she had a cookie waiting for her that daddy had gone to get.  Doesn't get much better than that!



I got some pictures of Bria during dress rehersal, but not MK, my phone died and I grabbed the car charger instead of the wall charger....doesn't do me much good if I am not near or in the car!!


Here are the girls on performance night!  In my noviceness I didn't pack clothes that are easy to have tights on underneath and easy to change out of, so that afternoon we went to Kohl's and got them these cute and brightly colored sundresses!  I love them!


Here is Bria about 5-10 minutes before she went on stage!  Cutest.Lion.EVER!!!!


And here are some of her other lion friends...sweet girls!  Next year Bria will move up to the next age group class!  It will be fun for her as she lives for Ballet and will be able to get into more technique!


And here is my sweet doll, MK!  She still has not decided if she wants to do ballet again next year or if she wants to switch over to gymnastics!  Either way I know she will do great...when she sets her mind to something, she does it!!!


And here are some of her fellow dolls!


Overall we loved this year and are so excited for next year!  But before that we will have ballet camp for Bria with a special friend coming as well!!!  Cheyenne will be joining her for it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment