.

.
photo cred:Amanda V Photography

Friday, June 7, 2013

National donut day

So apparently today is national donut day...which means free donuts....unless you live in the country where the closest donut shop is 30 miles away! 
So...as is watched my husband's countenance fall and my kuds realize there would be no donuts today...I suddenly thought...I can make donuts...and hey, its summer break, they can help, it will get them out from in front of the tv!  Double win!

So the girls helped me make donuts.  Mk is pretty good at measuring out and Bria did a great job beating the eggs!  They each cut out half of the donuts and I fried them up!  Oh and they are good...the girls agreed!  For the glaze I made three different types: vanilla bean chocolate milk glaze, strawberry orange glaze, and orange glaze.  Mk requested chocolate...Bria requested strawberry...and I made the orange for Mike bc he loves orange and I love him!    I also dusted the donut holes with cinnamon and sugar...I didnt want to mess witg glazing those little things...too messy!

The orange glazed donuts

Strawberry glazed

Vanilla Bean Chocolate Milk glazed (note the black specks from the vanilla bean...yum!)

Good thing I will be doing my ab challenge tonight...its day 7 and I haven't missed a day and I have been feeling stronger!  

FYI HERE is the basic donut recipe that I used and then I just came up with the glazes...the donut is an Alton Brown recipe...I love his recipes because they are usually simple and straight forward and they are always GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment