.

.
photo cred:Amanda V Photography

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A sick kid and a steak

Last Thursday Mary Kate stayed home from school sick.  She had a cold...its been going around.  As per usual, by the evening it was bothering her asthma as well.  She is better now, but we took last Thursday to get some rest and recover.  She wanted Dora chicken soup for dinner but requested it in a bread bowl, so i obliged.  If there is something I CAN do to help her feel better, you can bet I will!



Mike had a Pastor's Luncheon in Abilene that day so I had him pick up some steak and sparkling cider and we had a date night in...I mean not that I have anything against dora soup...but yeah...this was better.  If you have never done a date night in you should.  Put the kids to bed a little early.  Make a nice dinner.  Light some candles.  Enjoy.  If you think about it, even if you get nice steaks (the hubs got ribeyes from sams for about $15) you are spending less than you would at a restaurant and saving on gas and a babysitter!  What could easily be a $100 dollar date night when all is said and done is now a $20 date night...thats how we roll!  I also made a salad, some broccoli and some cheesy potatoes to go with it!  It was delicious and so nice to get some quality time together!


Before we ate, Mike was trying to open the sparkling apple grape juice.  Now you know you are a pastor when you have NOTHING to open a bottle with!  So what do you think He did...


First he tried the ...well...as I am writing this I realize I don't know what they are called save for the characters on Handy Manny...well whatever Squeeze is that is what he used...pliers maybe?  I don't know...Im a girl...LOL!
Anyways, that wasn't working so we move to below where he used the needle-nose pliers to slowly and methodically pry the lid away from the bottle.


I love the look on his face...so intent!  I am so blessed to have this man as my husband!  

1 comment:

  1. I saw the picture of the dinner, first without really reading and thought you went out to eat. It looks like a restaurant meal. Yum!

    ReplyDelete