.

.
photo cred:Amanda V Photography

Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter

Happy Resurrection Sunday Late...although I don't think there is such a thing since Jesus is still Risen today! 
This was our first Easter as a Pastor and it was definitely busier.  On Saturday we had a big outreach event.  We had an Egg Hunt for kids.  Being the first year and not knowing what to expect in a small town, we had no idea how many kids would come.  As it turned out, we had 40 kids and their families!!!  We played games, fed them all lunch, and hunted eggs, but before hunting eggs, Mike took the opportunity to share the Easter story with the kids using resurrection eggs.  It is a set of twelve plastic eggs that each has a piece of the Easter story in it (one had coins for Judas betraying Jesus, one had a piece of leather symbolizing the whip Jesus was beaten with, etc.).  The kids loved it and we loved getting the opportunity to share God's love and invite them to church!!  

Easter Sunday was great as well.  We had a good crowd there, Mike preached a great sermon, and the children's choir sang special music!  I have been leading children's choir and it has been so much fun.  They did such a great job!  After church, my parents came out and joined us for lunch and a relaxing Easter afternoon!


We don't do santa or the Easter bunny, we just give our kids gifts.  Instead of doing a bunch of candy we decided to do one gift a piece for the girls.  We must be turning more country because for Easter we got MK a Beebee Gun!  It is a lever action rifle that holds 400 beebees!  I think we might be a little crazy but she LOVES it!


For Bria we got a disney princess razor-type scooter.  She LOVES it both because it is a scooter and because it is princess!  As soon as we gave it to her she started riding it around the house!


After my parents left we found "The Wizard of Oz" on TV and enjoyed some family time cuddling and relaxing or in Mike's case, napping (which I am sure is pretty relaxing)






I had leftover pasta dough from the ravioli that I had frozen, so I took out the pasta dough and let it thaw out.    I used my fettuccine cutter attachment (for the first time) and made pasta for dinner.  It was so good...I may never buy pasta again!


Watch for another post soon about our Easter Lunch including a guest post from a surprise guest!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment