.

.
photo cred:Amanda V Photography

Monday, April 1, 2013

Guest post: a first!


So yesterday for Easter I told you how My parents came over for lunch.  We love being so close to them so that we can spend holidays and tuesdays and random days together!  Anyways, I always love to have extra people to cook for so It was a win!

On the menu for Easter lunch was: Ribs, broccoli, cheesy mashed potatoes, deviled eggs, and homemade angel food cake with fresh raspberry sauce.  Everything was so amazing!  The ribs were unbelievable!!!   It is my second time making ribs and they turned out GOOOD!



But by far the show stopper was these babies!  And  NO...I didn't make them....My sweet momma did!  
And yes...that is my oldest daughters tongue poking into the picture...she likes deviled eggs!


Now you can see her whole face.  Aren't these little chick deviled eggs cute!  I love them!  And I couldn't just leave y'all hanging without telling you how to make them...BUT...

.....I didn't make them.  So after some begging and pleading I convinced my sweet momma to write a guest post here about her eggs!  I love my mom so much...she really is one of my best friends and I am so grateful to have here in my life and the lives of my girls!  Please enjoy her post and show her some love!


Ok Erin....
channel erin... channel erin.... channel erin....
So the plan was to go to Erins for Easter dinner and I was to make the deviled eggs. Erin is such a good cook and so creative and I did not want my eggs to mess up her meal so I decided to make deviled chick eggs like the ones in a picture Ben had shown me. Then Erin says "Mom write about your eggs and I will put you as a guest on my blog". I am not a blogger, I am doing well to handle texting and using a smart phone! So Erin told me to channel my inner Erin so this is what you get! 
I boiled the eggs like normal and pealed them when done. Instead of cutting them like regular hard boiled eggs I stood them point end up and cut the tops off, removed the yolk to mix up, added just a few drops of yellow food color to make them more yellow, and filled the bottoms. I took a dab of yolk mixture to attach the tops at an angle. Then I took two baby carrots and cut thin slices on the angle and put them in as beaks. I used two cloves and used them as eyes. I put them in a small muffin pan and if I do it again I will use small cupcake liners as well. It was fun and not that hard to do.
So now you know both how to make deviled chick eggs and why I let Erin do the blogging!
unchannel Erin.... unchannel Erin....Unchannel Erin.....


No comments:

Post a Comment