.

.
photo cred:Amanda V Photography

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Happy place

Do you have a place or something that makes you happy?  Something you do or some place you go to escape reality for a little while?  For me growing up that was always at the piano bench.  I took lessons from the time I was 6 or so until I was 18.  I loved (and still do) the piano.  It was a safe place...a happy place.  I could go sit doen and lose myself in some Bach or a hymn or "A Whole New World".  At least for that time I wad somewhere else...feeling the music...losing track of timen...even processing emotions about other things in life.  I still find myself runnng to the piano to escape especially when I am mad or sad or frustrated. 

Recently I started teaching piano lessons.  A little girl in our church wanted to learn and so I set up gro yo p lessons with her and Mk.  It has been a lot of fun and rekindled in me my love for the piano!   it has also been reminiscent as I am using my old piano books to teach them!

No comments:

Post a Comment