.

.
photo cred:Amanda V Photography

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Grocery budget update

So a little follow up on my post from the other day about grocery shopping...

My sweet mother was kind enough to stay with my girls at ballet on Tuesday so that I could go shopping.  Have I mentioned lately how much I love her!  What a gift...grocery shopping alone!  Anyways...I went to sams and only spent $42.50...I was hoping to spend less than $50 so this was a success.  Then to HEB....my grocery budget for the first half of the month is $150.  I am not sure if this is a realistic budget for a family of 4 for 15 days, but I can always adjust it if I need to.  So the goal at heb was to spend $100 or less...since I spent less at sams I had some extra cushion at heb.   Or so I thought.  However, many of the items were $0.50-$1.00 more than I expected.  Even though some of the items I did get for cheaper than I expected on sale it didnt quite balance out.  I went over the budget but not by a lot.  My gial was $150... I spent $160.04. 

I think its not bad considering its my first week budgeting groceries.   Also, my budget fot the month is $300 so if I can keep my groceries to $140 for the second half if the month then ivwill still be on budget for the month.   Silver lining!

No comments:

Post a Comment